Volunteers Wanted: Help Build a Sustainable Creative Platform with 107 Objects
Are you interested in working in Art, Design and/or Marketing and want to develop your skills? Want to be a part of a social collective that’s building and promoting a new store for emerging creatives? Do you like attending a variety of art events and local gigs?
Come ‘round and join the gang; 107 Objects, our online store and marketplace.
We are searching for a few lovely humans who’ll collaborate with us, helping us to create a sustainable platform for emerging creatives. Be part of a passionate crew of art lovers who want to make waves, build professional opportunities, and gain experience in the art world. We’d love a few more paint-covered hands to help us out with photography, creative writing, administration, campaign building, and a dozen other random things that come with running an art business.
What you’ll do:
There’s plenty of opportunity to develop in the direction of your interests and skills. Some of the projects you may choose to be involved with include:
- Working with artists and our design team to style and photograph art pieces for display and promotion
- Designing printed promotional material including zines, posters, postcards and more.
- Researching and curating a selection of new work by local and emerging artists
- Creating written content showcasing local and emerging talent
- Implementing business systems to assist 107 Objects to become a store you tell your friends about in years to come
- Assisting to organise live events such as markets, workshops and artist talks
- Planning and designing a physical exhibition space at our new location in Green Square
Whether you can be available for a one-off, weekly, or monthly commitment, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll get out of it
- Work alongside a multidisciplinary team of artists and arts administrators in a growing not-for-profit arts organisation
- Work across a broad range of projects to develop a range of skills according to your interest(s)
- Develop a portfolio of written, design and (optionally) photographic work
- Gain experience in running a small creative business, from curating to content production, promotion and sales
- Opportunity to collaborate with 107 on future projects
- Free coffee and cheap beer
- A fun, super creative human
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and self-driven, able to work unsupervised.
- A sound knowledge of and interest in the emerging Sydney art scene
- Willing to lend a hand with a broad range of tasks within your skill level
Non-essential valued skills
We welcome ideas and practices from a broad range of backgrounds, and will support you to develop new professional skills. As such, no particular experience is required, but a few core skills that we value include:
- Experience using Adobe Creative suite (inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc), Google Drive, spreadsheet formatting and word processing
- Handy Experience; e.g. using a drill and a ladder
- Basic web development
- Photography skills; know how to use a DSLR
Send your CV and examples of your work (if relevant) to [email protected]. Applications close Sunday 18th February.
Our philosophy and mission is to improve communities by encouraging people to live creatively. We are committed to the advancement of culture. With a social enterprise ethos, we aim to transform how the arts, business and education sectors engage across industries. Engagement with the wider community is vital as a connection with emerging communities generates a positive social change. 107 is an Incorporated Association and a registered charity (DGR-1).
About 107 Objects
107 Objects is 107’s counterpart online store and exhibition space. Our mission is to provide a platform for local and emerging artists to reach a national audience and to sell their work in a sustainable way. Our store is volunteer run with a focus on low waste design practices.