Redfern Street Artist Studios
Please note that there are no studio spaces currently available, but you are most welcome to fill in the form below to add your name to the waiting list.
107 devotes 165 square metres at Redfern St to affordable, long term, non residential studio space that supports a diversity of professional creative practitioners, who are engaged with the local community.
Space is allocated based on availability, and the following criteria. A successful studio residency applicant will:
- Increase, or, maintain the diversity of artforms practiced within the studios
- Maintain a minimum of 7 hours activity within the studio space per week
- Maintain a satisfactory WHS plan and relevant control measures
- State an intention and plan to engage with local community
- Participate in social and cultural activities within the Redfern St facility
- Provide a regular update to 107 on their community engagement and maintenance of minimum required activity
Process of Application
Submit a written proposal anytime via the online form below, or arrange a time for an in-person presentation via the contacts provided. Applications are prioritised for vacancies based on responses to the selection criteria.
Redfern St Studio enquiries email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One standard studio space is 9 square meters
- One standard studio space can be shared by up to 2 people
- Minimum residency duration is 3 months
The standard, fortnightly rate is $30 incl. GST per square meter (Dec 2019).
A subsidy up to 50% off the standard rate is available on up to one standard studio space, additional square meterage is charged at the standard rate. The percentage of subsidy allocated is based on the degree to which a resident can maintain the studio selection criteria.