Venue Maintenance Coordinator
Work Type/s: Volunteer, Part Time
Classification/s: Community Services & Development, Maintenance, Trade & Services
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Sydney – Redfern & Green Square (Zetland)
Hours: Casual: 4-8hrs per week (variable)
Report to: Venue Managers
About the role
Are you a master at maintenance and handy at fixing and painting DIY bits and bobs?
107 Projects is looking for a part time volunteer Venue Maintenance Coordinator who can look after the upkeep and maintenance requirements of two diverse art community centres located in Redfern and Green Square (Zetland). The Redfern site is nestled amongst an established integrated neighbourhood, whereas the Green Square site is newly built and quickly gaining a reputation for innovation and creativity.
The Venue Maintenance Coordinator will take on duties such as cleaning, restocking, and tidying on a weekly basis. You will report to the Venue Managers and be responsible for ensuring both sites are well kept and in excellent working condition. From time to time you will also have the opportunity to learn additional venue operations and bookings procedures that will provide skill building for future related roles.
As well as making both venues sparkle, the right person will make this role their own. Your handy work will be a touch of magic in a very artistic place. This could mean painting furniture and pot plants, creating DIY bits and bobs or finding creative solutions to maintenance requirements.
Note: you are required to be in Redfern on Mondays and Green Square on Wednesdays, however if you are unable to commit to these particular days, please apply anyway and provide the locations/days/hours you can offer.
Tasks and Responsibilities could include depending on interest and experience:
- Cleaning public and private office areas, kitchens and bathrooms
- Waste management including bins, compost, feeding the worms
- Responsible for putting out the wheelie bins for pick up (Green Square only)
- Tidying technical equipment
- Odd jobs – fixing, patching, painting, making stuff
- Dusting, wiping surfaces, sweeping, and mopping
- Restocking cleaning products and materials
- Rearranging the furniture and storage areas
- Returning spaces to their ‘default’ setting
- Administrative task: fill out ‘end of shift’ feedback form (weekly / monthly)
- Once a fortnight hours may extend to eight or more hours to sand, fill and paint gallery walls in preparation for upcoming gallery exhibitions and installations
- Experience in venue maintenance and cleaning of more than 2 years
- Experience using power tools, sanding and painting
- Knowledgeable in using non-toxic chemicals, sustainability, and recycling
- Knowledgeable in occupational health and safety (OH&S) practices
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Can work independently and efficiently to complete duties
- Experience in carpentry
- Experience in painting and decorating
As a volunteer position, the volunteer agrees to perform tasks of their own free will, no remuneration is to be given. From time to time there may be access to free tickets, opportunities and invitations to participate in programs and events.
About 107 Projects
107 Projects is a creative community organisation advancing culture in Sydney. 107 Projects promotes, plans, presents and produces arts and cultural community development initiatives. We connect the arts, education and business to make social change and encourage people to live creatively. Our services include operating two facilities in Redfern and Green Square, public art activations, placemaking and creative projects.
At the heart of 107 Projects is a diverse range of staff and volunteers from various backgrounds and experience helping deliver creative programs, maintain building essentials and administration. Volunteers are fundamental to 107 Projects’ ongoing commitment to community engagement and future growth. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a new volunteer member, your contribution is vital and highly valued.
For more details on this and other volunteer positions, 107 Projects invites you to an information session, which is held once a month. Please note: if your application has been successful attending an information session is mandatory and will be a part of your induction. For more info, dates and to attend go to Eventbrite!.
How to apply
If you want to help maintain two active venues, one with lots of DIY furniture and quirky walls, and the other which has been architecturally designed and built, apply here with a copy of your resume.