Work Type/s: Volunteer, Casual
Classification/s: Marketing & Communications, Advertising, Arts & Media, Design
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Sydney – Redfern
Hours: Casual 4-8 hours per week
Days: Tuesday-Friday possible Sundays
Report to: Communications Manager
About the role
Do you have a passion for design, written communication and multimedia?
107 Projects is looking for a casual volunteer Communications Assistant who can help out with a broad range of content, web and graphic design projects. You will also be exposed to social media campaigns, print media, photography, and short video projects.
From time to time you will work on special event campaigns for 107 Presents and the online shop, 107 Objects. This role reports to the Communications Manager who will provide a verbal or written brief, templates and style guide.
At 107 Projects staff and volunteers occasionally look after ‘front of house’ requirements. This will consist of meeting and greeting members of the public wanting to use the gallery space or attend exhibitions, answering the phone, and fielding enquiries. These duties are rotated equally amongst staff and volunteers on weekdays and weekends. During your ‘front of house’ shift, you can work on your communications assistant duties.
Experience & Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for adapting poster artwork
- Responsible for uploading website event entries
- Responsible for setting up finished artwork files for print
- Assisting with the eNewsletter and blog (copy and design)
- Assisting with producing / editing short video projects
- Assisting with photoshoots
- Administrative task: fill out ‘end of shift’ feedback form (weekly)
- Experience in photography and/or videography
- Experience in written communication and social media content
- Excellent at multitasking and prioritising
- Knowledge using digital cameras and video editing programs
- Skilled in using Google Docs
- Attention to detail
- Can work independently and collaboratively
- Experience in web and graphic design
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Suite 6 – Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro
- Skilled in using WordPress, SEO & Google Analytics
- Skilled in using MailChimp
- Skilled in using social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Skilled in using social media management systems – Hootsuite, Planoly
- Skilled in uploading to YouTube Channels
As a volunteer position, the volunteer agrees to perform tasks of their own free will, no remuneration is to be given. From time to time there may be access to free tickets, opportunities and invitations to participate in programs and events.
About 107 Projects
107 Projects is a creative community organisation advancing culture in Sydney. 107 Projects promotes, plans, presents and produces arts and cultural community development initiatives. We connect the arts, education and business to make social change and encourage people to live creatively. Our services include operating two facilities in Redfern and Green Square, public art activations, placemaking and creative projects.
At the heart of 107 Projects is a diverse range of staff and volunteers from various backgrounds and experience helping deliver creative programs, maintain building essentials and administration. Volunteers are fundamental to 107 Projects’ ongoing commitment to community engagement and future growth. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a new volunteer member, your contribution is vital and highly valued.
For more details on this and other volunteer positions, 107 Projects invites you to an information session, which is held once a month. Please note: if your application has been successful attending an information session is mandatory and will be a part of your induction. For more info, dates and to attend go to Eventbrite!.
How to apply
If you would like the opportunity to work on various design projects and campaigns that are seen throughout the local and wider community, apply here with a copy of your resume and examples of your work, such as links to your blog, artwork portfolio and/or video channel. (Files not to exceed 5mb or higher).