Work Type/s: Volunteer, Casual
Classification/s: Arts & Media, Design, Community Services & Development
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Sydney – Redfern, Green Square (Zetland), and offsite event spaces
Hours: Casual, 4.5 hours per week (variable)
Report to: Communications & Marketing Manager
About the role
Do you enjoy taking snaps at creative events, or storytelling through video?
107 Projects is looking for camera-loving humans to capture our live events and projects in action. From workshops, to exhibitions, music, performance, theatre, dance, talks – our programming is as diverse as our audiences and our creative networks.
This person will come along to a range of creative and cultural events to take photos to capture events, projects and outcomes across our program, either at one of our core sites at 107 Redfern and 107 Green Square, or for an exciting satellite program.
A warm and welcoming attitude is key when liaising with participants, artists and event organisers that you’ll meet along the way.
This is a casual role with most events running 2-3hours, and the Photographer or Videography will need to be at the venue half an hour before event commencing to ensure enough time to setup and be briefed by event manager as needed. You will need to provide your own camera equipment, but additional equipment or access to a computer to download or edit photos onsite can be provided if required.
Experience & Primary Responsibilities
- Capture photos and/or film at live events
- Engage with participants/artists and 107 staff as needed to tell the story of the event/activation/work
- Edit album of photos and upload into Google Drive
- Edit highlights reel or storytelling video together, aligned with 107 brand (video only)
- Collaborate closely with Communications and Marketing Manager to learn about 107 brand and values, and identify new opportunities to capture
- Competent DSLR/photography skills
- Competent filming and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work both collaboratively and independently
- Experience using photography software – Photoshop, Lightroom or alternative photo editing software
- Experience using video editing software – Premiere, Final Cut Pro or alternative video editing software
- Experience using social media platforms
- Previous experience in capturing live events
- Working with Children Check
As a volunteer position, the volunteer agrees to perform tasks of their own free will, no remuneration is to be given. From time to time there may be access to free tickets, opportunities and invitations to participate in programs and events.
About 107 Projects
107 Projects is a creative community organisation advancing culture in Sydney. 107 Projects promotes, plans, presents and produces arts and cultural community development initiatives. We connect the arts, education and business to make social change and encourage people to live creatively. Our services include operating two facilities in Redfern and Green Square, public art activations, placemaking and creative projects.
At the heart of 107 Projects is a diverse range of staff and volunteers from various backgrounds and experience helping deliver creative programs, maintain building essentials and administration. Volunteers are fundamental to 107 Projects’ ongoing commitment to community engagement and future growth. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a new volunteer member, your contribution is vital and highly valued.
For more details on this and other volunteer positions, 107 Projects invites you to an information session, which is held once a month. Please note: if your application has been successful attending an information session is mandatory and will be a part of your induction. For more info, dates and to attend go to Eventbrite!.
How to apply
If you are looking for a creative outlet and enjoy being amongst others wanting to make art somewhere, apply here with a copy of your resume.