The New Plot
Presented by 107 Projects and Actors Centre Australia (ACA), The New Plot is a new development award for Australian Playwrights. This initiative has been created to foster professional development for writers and actors to bring new Australian stories to the stage.
- $10,000 cash
- One-on-one time with the panel members to learn from the skills of Industry leaders
- The script produced into a production with a cast of ACA actors directed by a professional Director
- Professional cinematic audio production of the play by AFTRS for radio and online broadcast.
- 4 week artists residency at The Bundanon Trust to develop the script into a full length play.
The winning script will be featured in 107 Presents 2017 Program with a full 3 week season + rehearsal time and development space. Featuring an industry night.
In bringing new Australian stories to the stage, The New Plot seeks to discover:
- Brave risk taking work
- The unexpected and unconventional
- Rich engaging text that does not require the bells and whistles of large production resources to inspire and engage
- A story that represents the diversity of Australia
Submissions for The New Plot are now closed. Winners will be announced in January, with performances to begin in March-April. Tickets on sale Feb 2017.
Find out more about the project at thenewplot.org.