Inaugural Event and Launch
- Join us to launch The Longhouse, a new networking and information sharing hub for contemporary Asian Australian performance makers.
- The Inaugural Longhouse event is a timely discussion in the current funding climate. How do independent artists get support for their projects? Our three panellists will spark your lateral thinking.
- In some traditional societies, the Longhouse is the meeting place where stories are shared and plans are made. Performance 4a’s Longhouse program aims to build the Asian Australian performance community, combining informative and inspiring talks, performances, masterclasses and workshops with the opportunity to network with your peers. All artists with an interest in contemporary Asian Australian performance are welcome.
- Performance 4a’s Annette Shun Wah introduces our first panel featuring:
- PASCHAL BERRY – Performance Curator, Blacktown Arts Centre
- DINO DIMITRIADES – Artistic Director, Apocalypse Theatre Company
- MAYU KANAMORI – performance-maker and photographer
Following the discussion and Q & A, meet your peers over drinks and delicious nibbles. And of course, we reveal the exciting upcoming events in THE LONGHOUSE for the rest of 2015.
This is a free event, but please RSVP by emailing us.