Ruby’s Festive Socials: Garfish
TYPE: LIVE MUSIC, PERFORMANCE
WHEN: 6pm – 10 Dec 2021
COST: $20 - $25
TICKETS: Book now
Formed in 2011, Garfish is the brainchild of trumpet player Nick Garbett (The Vampires, The Strides). Their music is a dedicated meditation on the instrumental style pioneered by old world Jamaican masters such as Sly and Robbie, Tommy McCook, Ernest Ranglin and The Skatalites, where jazz language meets the Afro-Caribbean rhythms of Kingston Jamaica. Garfish has taken this sound to a new level in Australia, featuring some of Sydney’s most creative and groovy musicians stretching out over hypnotic reggae beats.
Nick Garbett (trumpet) James Greening (trombone) Matt Keegan (saxophone) Carl Dewhurst (guitar) Robbie Woolf (organ) Winston Stephenson (bass) Declan Kelly (drums)
Wine and cocktails will be provided by 107 in the astonishing architectural wonderland of Joynton Avenue Creative Centre. This is an outdoor event, and some seating will be available.
- Doors:6:00pm // First Set: 6:30pm // Second Set: 8:00pm
- This event takes place outdoors, but if it is cold, we'll have heaters at the ready! (Bring a rug if you want to be extra cosy ♨️)
- Beer, Wine and cocktails are available from the bar, provided by 107.
- Please bring a mask, as when indoors (bar & bathroom), you're required to wear one.
- We sanitize all surfaces regularly for Ruby's events. The venue is a COVID Safe space.
Presented by SIMA + 107 Projects and supported by the City of Sydney.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of our land – Australia. The Gadigal of the Eora Nation are the traditional custodians of this place we now call Sydney.
If you are a member of an LGBTIQA+ community, you’ll be welcome at all SIMA events. Venue disability access and information - HERE