Obscured Creative Lab
Fusing artforms of Movement, Sound, Photography and Video a team of creative artists will take part in a three-week development residency. Led by Director Sarah-Vyne Vassallo and Mentor Liz Martin, two performing artists; Brianna Kell and Margot Politis, a multimedia artist; M.Sunflower and two sound designers; Annabel Tan and Glenn McKenzie will collaborate in an experimental workshop process.
Titled “Obscured” the lab’s concepts will explore and reflect on the obscurities and invisibility of unseen disability and illness. In response to this provocation the process will play with the intersections and hybridity between artforms.
The lab offers a unique opportunity to:
- Collaboratively investigate and conceptualize subject matter
- Develop and foster new working relationships
- Experiment with how artforms respond to and interpret the concepts within each discipline and also how/where they can intersect between disciplines
- Research how the overall design of the project could be presented in a universally accessible style
- Develop stage one content; images, video, audio, digital
The process will culminate in a work in progress sharing, open to the public held at 107 Projects Redfern on Thursday 12 December @ 6:30pm.
This project is an initiative of 107 Projects’ Hack Sounds in collaboration with Murmuration. It is funded by the NSW Government through Create NSW, along with venue support from City of Sydney, FORM Dance Projects and Riverside Theatres; Songwriting Partner APRA AMCOS.
Fearless Fat, instant photograph 2019, by M. Sunflower