Learn, Explore, Create & RisoPrint
WHEN: 10am - 1pm – 18 Oct 2020
Venue: Joynton Avenue Creative Centre
Learn the art of risograph printing and create your very own layered map inspired by the local environment. At the beginning of the workshop, we will teach how risograph printing works, explain layering, colour use and artwork preparation.
Then we work together on exploring the local environment. Wandering through the adjoining park and streets we will be paying attention to the overlooked, the obvious, the invisible and visible. Or maybe dream up the possibilities of the future.
We'll notice, collect, collage, or draw what we find in the immediate environment of the Joynton Avenue Creative Centre.
We then have some time to finetune and collate our small works or objects and then print them together as layers over a drawn map of the local area using the Rizzeria's risograph printer.
You will walk home having learned how risograph printing works, a small learn-to booklet and colour wheel, as well as a print of our local map!
What’s we will cover:
• Just what exactly Riso printing is
• How layering and opacity works
• File set up & using collage
• How to book in for future print sessions
What you will get:
• All students will leave with the skills to continue on their risograph journey!
• A Learn-to booklet and colour wheel
• How to book in for future print sessions and cost of printing and materials
• Plus the local environment map that we are going to print on the day
What you need to bring:
All materials provided, no previous experience required – our volunteers will be on hand to give help. You are welcome to bring your favourite pen, pencil, brush or paper (we will work in black and white) if you like.