Intellectual Property for Start Ups and Small Business
IP for Start ups and Small Business
A short intensive workshop designed to help you understand the basics of intellectual property (IP) and how IP can give your business a competitive advantage.
How IP can help your business
For many start-up business and entrepreneurs, IP is the difference between success and failure. Competing with larger established business requires new and disruptive innovation. Much of that creativity and innovation can be protected with registered IP like patents for inventions, trade marks for brands, and designs for the way a product looks.
What to expect from the workshops
Focusing on patents and trade marks, the workshop will ive you the tools you need to help you:
- Understand the benefits of patent and trade mark protection
- Research patents and trade marks to check what IP is already registered
- Develop a patent application
- Maximize and secure your brand through the use of trade marks
Workshop Outline – IP 101 and IP Strategy
- Understand the basics of IP
- Registered and unregistered rights
- Considering IP in your business strategy
*Requires a booking