Glassblowing in Autumn with Mark Eliott
SPACE: OUT THE BACK
WHEN: 10am-5pm 24 Mar 2018 – 25 Mar 2018
Experience the magic of blowing and sculpting glass in the flame in this hands-on workshop for beginners and intermediate level students. This 1 - 2 day introductory course focuses on Autumn colours and forms and will cover many of the basic techniques used for working clear and coloured borosilicate glass using an oxygen-propane torch. You will learn sculpting, joining, stretching, blowing, encasement and colour mixing.
You will leave with your own collection of glass objects, as well as all the skills needed to continue sculpting and experimenting with glass.
- Cost: $550 for the full weekend ($500 concession) or $290 for Sunday only ($270 concession).
- Cost includes all materials and instruction.
- Day 2 is for those who have completed day 1 or have previous experience.
- Please arrive by 9.45 am wearing long sleeves and long pants from cotton or other non-flammable type cloth. Full covered shoes must be worn and long hair tied back.
- Please email Mark with any questions at email@example.com. Phone is 0411767346.
Mark Eliott is a contemporary artist working in glass, stop-motion animation and music. Mark completed a Master of Visual Arts and Master of Studio Arts at Sydney College of the Arts, and is currently undertaking a PHD at the Australian National University, Canberra. His work is inspired by music and synaesthetic perceptions, as well as a strong love of nature and abstract form.