Finding your Fool: Weekend Workshop for All (Nov)
SPACE: MULTIPLE SPACES
WHEN: 10AM-3PM 25 Nov 2023 – 26 Nov 2023
COST: $275 (EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: 20% Off Until August 26th! CODE AT CHECKOUT: downtoclown)
TICKETS: Register Now
VENUE: 107 Redfern
Unshackle yourself from inhibitions, embrace vulnerability, and discover the joy of clowning! 🌟 Red noses provided—let's get playful! 😜
No experience needed—just an open mind and a willingness to have a blast! 🤩
📅 Dates: NOV 25-26
⏰ Times: 10 am - 3 pm
🏢 Location: 107 Projects, Redfern, Sydney
🎈EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: 20% Off until Aug 26th! Use CODE: downtoclown at checkout!
Are you ready to unleash your inner fool?
Clowns, those masters of mirth, possess a profound connection to their emotions and a sensitivity that allows them to tap into the essence of human experiences. Through their playful antics, they fearlessly embrace vulnerability and confront the unknown, creating a captivating space where audiences can dream.
Join us for a weekend journey, where we'll learn to unshackle ourselves from the burdens of inhibition and discover newfound freedom on stage. Through a series of group games, improvisation exercises, pair work, and solo explorations, we will focus on the fundamental elements of clowning—presence, truth, and playfulness.
Together, we will peel open the beautifool banana that you truly are and celebrate all that is wonderful and ridiculous about you. Laughter will be our guide as we embark on this journey of self-discovery and joy.
These classes are infused with a playful and light spirit, guaranteeing plenty of laughs along the way. No experience is necessary—just an open mind and a willingness to embrace your inner fool.
Throughout the workshop, we will cover the following topics, although not necessarily in the order given:
• The State of the Clown: Learn to be open with your audience, listen moment to moment, and establish a deep connection with those around you.
• Playfulness of Spirit: Activate your curiosity and imagination, and give yourself permission to make mistakes. Embrace the freedom to explore and take risks.
• Duo Work: Connect with a partner, fostering a generous "Yes!" mentality. Learn to collaborate and co-create moments of hilarity and genuine connection.
• Crack the Body Open: Expand your awareness of your physical presence and explore the endless possibilities of movement, gesture, and physical comedy.
• The Flop: Discover how to stay light-hearted and resilient when faced with challenges. Embrace the art of failing gracefully and turning mishaps into moments of comic brilliance.
Alicia Gonzalez is interested in playful and authentic encounters. She’s a performer, director and coach specialising in clowning and the creation of original stories for stage and screen. She is the driving force behind The Clown Institute, where she utilises movement training as a central element in shaping actors and clowns. She’s performed at the Sydney Festival, and Melbourne Comedy and Adelaide Fringe festivals. In a former life she was known as Dr Ding Dong, a medical clown doctor at children’s hospitals. She honed her craft at the renowned Ecole Jacques Lecoq in Paris, France. Continuing her pursuit of clown excellence, Alicia further trained with Avner the Eccentric and then Eric De Bont in Spain.