Botanical Art Workshop
SPACE: OUT THE BACK
WHEN: 10am-4pm – 20 Jul 2019
TICKETS: Book Now
VENUE: 107 Redfern
This one day workshop requires no previous experience and is a fabulous introduction into watercolour and botanical art. Jessie will guide you through her step-by-step process to create your own botanical painting.
You will gain an understanding in:
- How to draw your subject accurately
- Transferring your drawing onto watercolour paper
- Observing light, shade and form
- Basic colour theory
- Matching and mixing the correct colour
- Watercolour techniques including layering, wet-in-wet, wet-on-dry, blending and dry brush
- An appreciation for the minutiae of nature!
All art materials are provided as well as a delicious catered lunch, tea, coffee and snacks. You will go home with your very own watercolour botanical artwork and handout notes to help your future creations. We welcome students of all experience levels from absolute beginners to advanced.
You will also have the opportunity to view Jessie's original paintings as she will be exhibiting work in the gallery with Emma Constantine from July 10th-22nd.