107 Presents: Kino 100
Kino Sydney is the city’s only monthly open-mic film night – driven by an inclusive and welcoming spirit, unique and local short cinema, and a vibrant community of filmmakers and film lovers.
Kino Sydney is excited to celebrate their 100th Screening – looking back at over 1000 local short films screened – and looking ahead at all the creativity still to come.
The night will be a screening and party celebrations, with the program consisting:
- 12 brand new short films screened LIVE at Kino #100 – as in each film will be screened with one soundtrack element (music, voice, SFX) performed live.
- A selection of Kino Classics and Kino International Films
- Live music from indie rock band Lily & the Bellows, electronic pop artist Tashka, and Tessa from Tessellate DJs.
- Industry Talk: ‘How to Make the Jump from Shorts to Feature’ from local filmmaker Dean Francis, director of DROWN, Best Feature at Melbourne Queer Film Festival 2015.
- Participate in live filmmaking – Kino veterans Beccy Tait and Claudia Butters will be shooting a documentary and you can help out.
- Contribute to a crowd-written screenplay. Add your witty line of dialogue or dramatic stage direction to a screenplay being written exquisite corpse style. The screenplay will be performed by Kino actors at the conclusion of the night and produced as a film for Kino #102.
- Plus the usual Kino favourites: filmmaker Q & As, pizza, giveaways and networking.
Buy your ticket now, includes a drink on arrival.