Art Somewhere: Nature Wall Hangings
TYPE: ONLINE, WORKSHOP
WHEN: 10am - 11:30am – 30 Oct 2021
WHO: Maddison Gibbs
TICKETS: Book now
Create your own beautiful wallhangings, using natural materials from your local area.
Take a moment to walk around your neighbourhood and into nature, to discover fallen natural materials you find along the way. Collect a handful of native leaves, sticks, nuts and seeds from gum trees, bark or feathers that have fallen to the ground.
- collection of fallen leaves, bark, nuts, seeds or feathers
- fishing line, cotton or twine
- a couple of fallen sticks in different sizes
Suggested extra materials:
- posca pens, paint, sharpies, watercolor or ink
- paintbrush, makeup brushes, cotton buds or sponges
- old jewellery, sparkles, gems from home
About our artist:
Maddison Gibbs is a proud Barkindji woman, growing up in Dubbo and now residing between Gadigal and Wangal country. She is an artist, designer, animator and activist, incorporating culture, people and surroundings to tell stories of past and present by using contemporary methods and ideologies.
You'll be emailed a zoom link in the leadup to the workshop - we'll see you there! :)